White teeth symbolise clean and well-groomed personality. Over time, your teeth will grow pale at a slow pace. Certain consumables such as tea, coffee, cigarettes, and red wine may speed up this colour change.
Office Bleaching System
There is a variety of products for whitening teeth. We recommend bleaching supervised by a dentist.
Today you can achieve white teeth in just one hour in a dental office. First, tartar is removed. Gum barrier hardened via light by block out method isolates entire gums. Lips are excluded. After all of this is complete, appropriate bleaching gel with optimum amount of hydrogen peroxide is selected and applied. Teeth are washed clean after application. The end result is assessed to determine whether desired whiteness is achieved or more sessions are required.
Home Bleaching System
In order for Home Bleaching System to effectively whiten your teeth, tartar must be cleaned by a dentist first. After cleaning all teeth surfaces, a transparent carrier mould (plaque) will be prepared in the laboratory according to measurements taken from mouth (customized for the individual). Well-crafted plaques contain special room for bleaching gel. Special chemicals with “carbamide peroxide” are utilized for bleaching. These come in syringe sets, and are applied to mouth by squeezing into specific locations on carrier mould. It must stay on for 6-8 hours a day (preferably during sleep). Any previous filling or veneer on your teeth can not be bleached this way, their colour will remain the same.
Can Bleaching be Practiced on Everyone?
Almost everyone can receive bleaching treatment. However, as there isn’t sufficient research data regarding pregnant or nursing women, our clinic does not perform bleaching on these patients.
Why do some people have grey or yellow teeth?
Teeth colour varies from person to person just like eye or skin colour. There are a number of factors affecting teeth colour, including genetic factors, stains caused by outer factors (such as tea, coffee, cigarettes), high levels of antibiotics or fluoride received in development period, old age, nutritional behaviour, or impacts on teeth.
Will teeth go back to their old colour before bleaching?
75% of patients who receive bleaching treatment do not experience going back to dirty colour before bleaching. Level of whiteness after initial application can be achieved again with only one application every six months in the other 25% who experience colour change.
What kind of special care is required during treatment?
If you are a smoker, you should not smoke while carrier plate/mould is in your mouth. Also, food that may have colouring effect on teeth (tea, coffee, etc.) should not be consumed. Most commonly experienced problem during treatment, sensitivity, has been greatly reduced with the help of recently developed drugs. 5%-15% of patients may experience sensitivity described as ‘setting on edge’ when exposed to cold, as well as swelling in tongue and lips. These should disappear within a few days.